About This Site
Feeling discouraged because friends were rejected from paid bootcamps for not passing the screener, John went on a mission to increase diversity in tech by creating his own bootcamp to help those in under-represented groups out of work due to COVID exploring positions in tech.
John is an amazing instructor who can break down complex concepts so that even a five year old can understand. He is also an amazing mentor who spends extra time answering ALL questions and providing feedback for our work. John puts 110% and more into all of us and I can return the favor by putting in 110% and more in the class.
I would also like to give a special thanks to Kate Crepezzi, thank you for letting us have John for 7 weeks. Without your support and understanding, this would not be possible for all of us at All Aboard Bootcamp!
- Users can register, view and edit their profile, delete their account, login, and log out
- Users can request to enroll in multiple courses
- Admins can enroll and unenroll users
- Enrolled users can view course materials and submit assignments
- Course materials include assignments, lectures, announcements, and forum.
- Admins can create, edit, view, or delete any course materials
- Admins can do a simple search in submissions for a course and all users
- The forum can have multiple channels and functions similarly to a basic slack/discord with ability to reply to posts
- New posts are refreshed using Action Cable and edits/replies are refreshed manually
- All messages have full CRUD functions for original author and admins can delete any messages
- Micro Blog includes my thoughts while attending All Aboard Bootcamp
- Video walkthrough of this site: All Aboard Bootcamp Final Project Walkthrough
- Code repository located at: GitHub
- Continue to refactor code and add tests in all areas
- Use Action Cable for all messages including edits, deletes, and replies
- Add gamification component that will help motivate users to complete a course
- Limit admins to specific courses and create a third role, owner, who has access to everything
- Fix account verification using e-mail and add password reset functionality
- Make the app responsive
- Create quizzes?